About Citizen Energy
Citizen Energy saves energy and money through simple, no hassle efficiency upgrades. We believe our innovative work is critical in helping the world reduce energy demand and, in turn, achieve 100% clean energy. Our unique LED Lighting as-a-Service model is a leading market differentiator, which allows owners of small and mid-size commercial, industrial, and multi-family buildings to upgrade to better quality lighting for $0 upfront, give us the responsibility for maintenance, and pay us back by sharing a portion of the measured monthly savings. We are a small performance based team and offer a flexible work environment with unlimited growth potential.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an Operations Associate to provide operations and project management support for our LED lighting projects in the Washington, DC area. You’ll be responsible for executing ongoing administrative tasks and parts of the project life cycle. Above all, this position requires an “all hands on deck” mentality to help the team, as needed, to successfully evaluate, design, finance, install, and continuously service projects. You will gain unique professional experience and have the opportunity to work directly with company owners, and make a significant impact on the success and trajectory of the company as it continues to grow.
- Evaluate energy and lighting data provided by the sales team and specify LED lighting technology solutions and develop ‘winning’ proposals. Visit sites to perform audits as needed
- Assist in developing a high performing sales team by reinforcing processes, providing training, and supporting day-to-day sales engagements
- Manage and execute utility incentive and rebate application process for projects
- Develop customer contracts and other project agreements/documentation from company templates
- Issue invoices, process ‘shared savings’ billing, and execute energy measurements/verification tasks (e.g. quarterly customer energy saving reports, etc.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed (e.g. product warranties, maintenance requests, procure materials, shipping/inventory tracking, bank deposits for receivables, office management and logistics, etc.)
- Suggest and implement process improvements and ideas to execute more projects, quicker and at a better value
- Proactive, multi-tasker, and focused on meeting objectives and deadlines
- Passionate about proliferating energy efficiency to save money while making the world a better place
- Interested in working in a startup, fast paced environment; where your work has a direct impact on company growth
- Willing to learn, take ownership, and continuously improve
- Well organized with high attention to detail, accuracy and quality. Project and risk management experience preferred, but not required
- Exceptional research and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of energy efficiency technology, LED lighting technology, energy saving programs, and/or energy project finance
- Internships or some work experience in clean energy, energy efficiency, LED lighting or a related field
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excel modeling and VBA experience preferred, but not required
- Exceptional email/phone/in-person communicator
- Comfortable with teleworking and working independently
- College graduate, or significant post high school education
- Willing to travel locally. Drivers license and own transportation preferred, but not required
Negotiable, Entry-Mid Level
Health Insurance, Performance Incentives, Teleworking, Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick, etc.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Operations Associate”. Submissions with cover letters will be given priority, but are not required.